Acupuncture is a 3,000 year old system of Chinese Medicine and is probably the single most researched therapeutic complimentary and alternative medicine (CAM) modality in the world.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture works by balancing the internal energies ("Chi") that flow through our bodies. When these energies are flowing smoothly, health and well being are promoted.
What are the Benefits of Acupuncture?
The World Health Organization of the U.N. lists over 40 symptoms that acupuncture has been shown to be effective for:
- Back Pain
- Common Cold
- Depression and Anxiety
- Elbow Pain (Tennis Elbow)
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Headaches & Migraines
- Menstrual Problems
- Sports Injuries
- Smoking Cessation
- Strengthened immune system
What about needles?
Acupuncture needles are as thin as a human hair and are not painful like hospital needles. They are sterile and disposable.
Most insertions are just below the skin's surface and people find the treatments very relaxing.
How does acupuncture work?
- The release of pain-relieving and tranquilizing hormones called endorphins.
- Stimulation of nerves found in the skin and muscles for relaxation.
Pre and post treatment instructions.
Before your treatment:
- Eat before your visit, even if it is only a small snack.
- Drink room temperature water or tea.
- Please wear or bring loose fitting clothing.
- Avoid strenuous activities 8 hours after the treatment
After your treatment:
- Rest as much as possible for the remainder of the day.
- Drink plenty of water.
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture
The acupuncture "facelift" is becoming a popular, non-surgical method for those who want not only to maintain beauty, radiance and vitality in the face, but also to improve their overall health and well being.
Acupuncture facelifts have been featured on "Good Morning America", PBS's "Healthweek" and "The Today Show."
Studies show that among 300 cases treated with facial acupuncture, 90% had marked beneficial results with only one course of treatment. Acupuncture improves the face's natural, healthy color, diminishes wrinkles and eliminates fine lines especially by promoting collagen production.
Research has shown that for those who want to quit smoking, acupuncture directed to selected points in the ear and body may help curb the desire to smoke.
Sports Injuries and Performance Enhancement
Acupuncture is a drug-free treatment that is used by many elite athletes to enhance their performance and recover from injury. Athletes all over the world use acupuncture, from football players, to basketball players, to Tour de France winners.
- Decrease the amount of swelling, inflammation, pain and bruising.
- Decrease muscle spasms and the associated pain.
- Decrease healing time dramatically.
- Increase the range of motion to the knees, ankles, fingers, neck, back or shoulders.
If you would like more information about this or any of our services, please contact us at info@MyWellnessEvolution.com or call us at 440-995-0303 to schedule an appointment.
Wellness Evolution, 730 SOM Center Road, Suite 190, Mayfield Village, OH 44143.
Check out our website for other health, wellness and beauty services. www.MyWellnessEvolution.com